Tegna | HeartThreads Producer
Washington D.C. April 2018 – Present.
- Pitched, created and launched a re-branded long form version of HeartThreads for Facebook Watch and YouTube.
- Discovered content within our niche then filmed, produced and edited two long form, high-quality stories a week. These video stories were posted on HeartThreads social media platforms as well as nationwide on Tegna station’s websites and social media.
- Curated over 32,963,400 views on Facebook Watch within my first six months at HeartThreads.
- Wrote an article for each original video and distributed them to Tegna station’s websites.
NBC Charlotte | Digital Producer
Tegna owned station, WCNC TV – Charlotte, North Carolina. August 2016 – April 2018.
- Served as NBC Charlotte’s sole “creative producer” in generating original videos & stories for digital platforms. This required the ability to be highly motivated & self-driven as I would find my own stories and work on them from conception through completion.
- Discovered important, engaging stories within the Charlotte community then pitched, shot, wrote, and edited the social media video and web article. Multiple stories went viral and were picked up for network, national and worldwide news.
- Used strong editorial judgement on a daily basis when reporting breaking news for multiple social/digital outlets while on a strict deadline.
- Balanced long-term projects while managing breaking news, social media posts and keeping all online stories current.
NBC News | TODAY Show Intern
NBC News Los Angeles Bureau – Universal City, California. Spring 2016
- Supported show producers with researching and developing show segments/ideas.
- Assisted & shadowed producers during press conferences, The Oscars, field shoots and show filming in Los Angeles.
CNN | Newsource Intern
CNN Los Angeles Bureau – Hollywood, California. Fall 2015
- Researched, edited video & wrote multiple broadcast news stories daily for CNN, HLN and national affiliates.
- Wrote, produced, tracked and edited Movie Pass segments for CNN and world wide affiliates. Movie Pass is a minute to two minute segment featuring a block buster film that will be released within the week.
- Assisted producers in curating content for CNN, HLN and affiliate shows including The Buzz, Hollywood Express, Newsflash, Red Carpet Report & Daily Share.
CNN | Production Intern
CNN World Headquarters – Atlanta, Georgia. Summer 2015
- Created content for Turner Private Networks, CNN’s Airport Network, Gas Station Television & Accent Health.
- Story conception, field production, research, writing & editing in a fast paced news environment.
- Pitched, produced, wrote, reported & edited a CNN Accent Health segment & PSA for non-profit client.
College Beat Productions | Executive Producer
Long Beach, California. September 2014 – May 2015
- Conceptualized, created, produced, directed, filmed and edited PSA & creative video projects for California State University, Long Beach.
- Executive Producer of Senate in a Minute, ASI’s bi-weekly television/web series.
- Lead a film team and oversaw all pre and post production aspects.
KBVR “Beaver News” | Anchor & Crew Member
Corvallis, Oregon. September 2010 – May 2011
- Anchor. Oregon State University’s live evening news broadcast from a three-camera studio.
Skydive Pismo Beach | Media & Marketing Manager
Pismo Beach, California. July 2012 – August 2013
- Edited customer skydive videos & promotional media for business advertisement.
- Website page creation, management & copy write: Skydive Pismo Beach.
- Maintained marketing & social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube.
New Zealand Internships | Media Manager & Customer Service Representative
Auckland, New Zealand. September 2011 – May 2012
- Scheduled, produced, interviewed and edited intern interview videos, business advertisements & NZI event videos.
- Maintained social media & website copy write: www.internships.co.nz
Awards and Qualifications:
- Three time Edward R. Murrow Award winner – 2017 Excellence in Social Media for Teacher Handshake story, 2016/17 Best Website reporting for WCNC.com and 2017 Overall Excellence in Social Media at WCNC
- Winner of the Tegna Pinnacle Award for Excellence in Social Media
- 2018 RTDNAC/AP Award Nominee for Original Web Reporting for Fly-Fishing Program Helps Vets Heal
- CSULB “Striking Student Leader” Award
- 5 x CSULB President’s Honor List (3.75 – 4.0 GPA)
- Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas Pro
- Shooting video on DSLR & HD Cameras including Canon, Sony, Nikon
- Certified by Turner Broadcasting in iNews, MIRA, Sony ELC, NewsApps, Mediasource, Fork & CMS
- Creative writing, news writing and copy writing. Extremely comfortable with AP style.
- Digital analytics via Chartbeat & Crowdtangle
California State University, Long Beach | Long Beach, California
- Bachelor of Arts in Film & Electronic Arts – Specialty in Broadcast Productions.
Cuesta College | San Luis Obispo, California
- Associates Degree in Liberal Arts & Humanities.
New York Institute of Photography | New York, New York
- Certification in Professional Photography
Oregon State University | Corvallis, Oregon
- Major: New Media Communications