NBC Charlotte | Digital Producer
WCNC TV – Charlotte, North Carolina. August 2016 – Present.
- Brought original content capability to WCNC’s digital team.
- Served as the team’s sole creator in executing original and creative video stories from conception through completion.
- Discovered inspiring and positive stories within the Charlotte community, then pitched, shot, reported, and edited the social media video and web story. Multiple stories went viral and were picked up for network, national and worldwide news.
- Used strong editorial judgement on a daily basis when producing local, national and breaking news for digital, social and online outlets while on a strict deadline.
NBC News | TODAY Show Intern
NBC News Los Angeles Bureau – Universal City, California. Spring 2016
- Supported show producers with researching and developing show segments/ideas.
- Assisted & shadowed producers during press conferences, The Oscars, field shoots and show filming in Los Angeles.
CNN | Newsource Intern
CNN Los Angeles Bureau – Hollywood, California. Fall 2015
- Researched, edited video & wrote multiple broadcast news stories daily for CNN, HLN and national affiliates.
- Wrote, produced, tracked and edited Movie Pass segments for CNN and world wide affiliates. Movie Pass is a minute to two minute segment featuring a block buster film that will be released within the week.
- Assisted producers in curating content for CNN, HLN and affiliate shows including The Buzz, Hollywood Express, Newsflash, Red Carpet Report & Daily Share.
CNN | Production Intern
CNN World Headquarters – Atlanta, Georgia. Summer 2015
- Created content for Turner Private Networks, CNN’s Airport Network, Gas Station Television & Accent Health.
- Story conception, field production, research, writing & editing in a fast paced news environment.
- Pitched, produced, wrote, reported & edited a CNN Accent Health segment & PSA for non-profit client.
College Beat Productions | Executive Producer
Long Beach, California. September 2014 – May 2015
- Conceptualized, created, produced, directed, filmed and edited PSA & creative video projects for California State University, Long Beach.
- Executive Producer of Senate in a Minute, ASI’s bi-weekly television/web series.
- Lead a film team and oversaw all pre and post production aspects.
KBVR “Beaver News” | Anchor & Crew Member
Corvallis, Oregon. September 2010 – May 2011
- Anchor. Oregon State University’s live evening news broadcast from a three-camera studio.
Skydive Pismo Beach | Media & Marketing Manager
Pismo Beach, California. July 2012 – August 2013
- Edited customer skydive videos & promotional media for business advertisement.
- Website page creation, management & copy write: Skydive Pismo Beach.
- Maintained marketing & social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube.
New Zealand Internships | Media Manager & Customer Service Representative
Auckland, New Zealand. September 2011 – May 2012
- Scheduled, produced, interviewed and edited intern interview videos, business advertisements & NZI event videos.
- Maintained social media & website copy write: www.internships.co.nz
- Member of a six-person team who won the Edward R. Murrow Award for best website.
- CSULB “Striking Student Leader” Award
- 5 x CSULB President’s Honor List (3.75 – 4.0 GPA)
- Friendly Visitor, Meals On Wheels Association of America
- Video editing: Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Shooting video on DSLR & HD Cameras including Canon, Sony, Nikon
- Certified by Turner Broadcasting in iNews, MIRA, Sony ELC, NewsApps, Mediasource, Fork & CMS
- Creative, news and copy writing
- Digital analytics via Chartbeat & Crowdtangle
California State University, Long Beach | Long Beach, California
- Bachelor of Arts in Film & Electronic Arts – Specialty in Broadcast Productions.
Cuesta College | San Luis Obispo, California
- Associates Degree in Liberal Arts & Humanities.
New York Institute of Photography | New York, New York
- Certification in Professional Photography
Oregon State University | Corvallis, Oregon
- Major: New Media Communications